Wärtsilä – DHL
Role: Director Operations
- Customer: Wärtsilä
- Project: Implementation Parts Distribution Center
- Timeline: 2015 – 2017
- Project Deliverables:
- Change to new service provider DHL
- Improve quality level warehouse and 4PL operation.
- Implement global DC structure
- Overall improvement needed related to quality levels for customers, delivery performance of external spare parts suppliers and on time in full order delivery Key Performance Indicator.
- Creating an organizational culture of high quality and continuous improvement.
- Delivering pilot projects related to digitalisation and innovation.
- Project management Due Diligence: Concept of operations, detailed mapping of activities and services, contracting, KPI definition, continuous improvement commitments.
- Project management implementation: Transition planning, TUPE staff, negotiating with unions and workers council.
- Operations management: Implemented performance dialogues, productivity planning tool, standard way of working and warehouse lay-out changes.
- Improvement of overall operational cost level.
- Increased order quality (on time in full without damages).
- Implemented Fetch VirtualConveyor solution (autonomous robotics).