Zero Emission City Logistics
Role: Programm Manager ZE City Logistics
- Today’s demanding consumers live and work in the city, resulting in growing demand.
- Good city logistics is key to the economic vitality and attractiveness of our cities.
- Urbanization places new demands on mobility within a city.
- City logistics networks are becoming more and more finely meshed.
To achieve a new approach to city logistics, innovations are required that involve a combination of:
- Organization: New logistics concepts: freight bundling, a new way of working.
- Regulations: Custom solutions, parking policy, delivery time windows.
- Technology: Lower-emission vehicles specifically designed for cities.
- Behavior: Does an online order always have to be delivered straight away?
- Activitation triple helix (Government, Universities, Companies) to join forces in living lab projects.
- Development and scaling-up of activities to speed up the transition to zero emission city logistics.
- Business case for innovative vehicle technology.
- Commitment and actions of all parties involved.
- Commitment to implement, monitor and assess zero emission living labs.
- Promotion by vehicle manufacturers of the development and application of vehicles to support zero emission city logistics.
- Promotion by logistics services providers, shippers and recipients of the development of logistics concepts.